It’s a slow news day, so I’ve been scouring the net. I came across this pretty enlightening article that explores some very real reasons why many gay men may be single. Truthfully, majority of the points transcend gender and sexual orientation, they are universal. I know a few of them hit home for me, especially “jumping in the bed too easily.” Chile I can’t help it that I use to be hot too trot. I’ll have y’all know that I am no longer a lady of the night. Don’t judge me by my past, I do not live there no more. Anyway, check them out and let me know what you think.
1. You’re A Cheater: You don’t have a problem starting a relationship but you do have a problem being faithful in one. You think the idea of a committed relationship is having a “main dude” but also having a small stable of other stallions at your disposal. If you have the tendency to “make a mistake” or just “slip up” in the form of having sexual encounters with someone other than your partner while in a relationship, guess what?; you are not relationship material. As a matter of fact, you suck at it. A mistake is entering $200.00 on the ATM keypad when you meant to only enter $20.00. Real men are honest with themselves and their partners. An honest man doesn’t just “slip up” and break commitments. Also by definition an honest man is not a liar. What secure adult man lies anyway? Being monogamous should be easy and thoughtless. If you like variety and sampling the spice of life by all means do so but do it as a single bachelor (you asshole).
2. You Have Little Self-Worth: In other words, you’re a doormat. You let men walk all over you. It doesn’t matter if he cheats or if he is abusive and treats you will little respect; you’ll still be there by his side because you made a commitment to him. The problem is that he is not committed to you. Sorry…the real problem is that you are not committed to yourself. You shouldn’t allow your desperation for companionship to emasculate you. Chances are even if you break up with this dude, the next man will be the same because this is what you attract…you are prey. A real man will not want a whimp, a push over or a doormat. To attract a man that will care for you and love you, first you have to care about and love yourself. Get up off the floor and stand up.
Today is Tuesday and I’m not in the mood to go there with some of y’all and y’alls church. However, I did come across this list called “10 Lies The Black Church Tells About Being Gay” that I thought was worth sharing. I’m hesitant sometimes about posting thins like this because often times the comments section because a cesspool for hate and not a breeding ground for learning. I’ll say this, we are all entitled to our beliefs and rights to exercise whatever religion we would like. However, I feel we don’t not have the right to exercise our views and religious beliefs to the magnitude in which it infringes upon others peoples ability to live peacefully.
I too was a kid who grew up in the church with a grandmother who let it be known from the time i was a toddler that you would burn in hell if you were gay. The terms faggot, sissie, and punk were used so freely as a child that even now I don’t get what the big deal is about calling people faggots. That word was common place in the streets of Miami. Non the less, during my evolution, the last battle I had to fight was this internal conflict that God did not accept me because I was gay, yet I was born this way, yet i was perfect because I was made in his likeness and his image. Chile i was so damn tired of being confused I just rejected the whole damn notion. It’s silly.
I could go on and on regarding this subject. Check out the list and let me know what you think.
Lord, these Africans are not playing with y’all a$$. First the state is taking away peoples babies for cussing, and now Nigeria wants to send you to prison for something you have ZERO control over. I completely understand that people are entitled to their views, opinions, and emotions, but this is a bit much. My biggest concern with Africa as an entire continent is that from what we see in the media, they have much larger things to worry about. For starters lets focus on upgrading many of the countries in Africa from 3rd world to 2nd. OKAY That should keep them busy for a good 200 years.
- Bill says gay marriage, same-sex relationships illegal
- Penalties set of up to 14 years in prison
- Western governments urged Nigeria not to pass la
ABUJA, Jan 13 (Reuters) – Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan signed a bill on Monday that criminalises same-sex relationships, the presidency said, defying pressure from Western governments to respect gay and lesbian rights.
The bill, which contains penalties of up to 14 years in prison and bans gay marriage, same-sex “amorous relationships” and membership of gay rights groups, was passed by the national assembly last May but Jonathan had delayed signing it into law. ~ Huffington Post
I feel like much of these Anti Gay laws that are being passed by many of these African countries are acts of defiance born out of powerlessness. Trust and believe, other countries have major issues with how powerful the US is and our influence on the world. What the hell the US needs to do since these mofos want to act up, is withhold all of our humanitarian aid and let these African Governments feel the squeeze for a little bit. When their governments nearly collapse, then their asses will be more excepting of taking on broader world views.
It baffles me how countries are jealous of the US, strive to become larger players in the global market, yet fail to take the steps necessary to increase their presence, power, and popularity in the world abroad. You’d rather keep your country in the stone age based on some half baked ideals, than to keep your nose out of peoples bedrooms and join the world abroad. I guess Mr. Nigerian President. Then again, how much can we honestly expect from a president named “Goodluck Jonathon?” GIRL BYE. Catch these T’s
No tea no shade, but when all of this first broke, I honestly thought that B. Scott was reaching with this lawsuit. Lo and behold, after some internal emails have been released, it looks as if Scott may actually have a pretty solid case. You can guarantee that there is always going to be one clown that does something idiotic to mess things up for everyone. In this case, it was four clowns, Programming President Stephen Hill, BET Producer Stephanie Hodges, exec Monique Ware, and Network VP Rhonda Cowan.
Initially, Scott claimed that his total look had been pre-approved by the appropriate parties at BET and that he was there early and ready to work. Somewhere along the way an email correspondence went out from Programing President Stephen Hill that said:
“I don’t want ‘looking like a woman B Scott.’ I want tempered B Scott.”
Network VP Rhonda Cowan replied with:
“I can speak to him about being less ‘womanly.’”
The email exchange that followed this is what is most shocking and probably where BET is going to lose their case Catch these T’s Continue reading
Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts recently came out in her own way, sparking another huge wave of conversation on being gay in the lime light of America. I’ve read comments from people that range from “yay good for her” to “big deal who cares”. The reality of the situation is that if people really didn’t care who was gay or straight in our society, it wouldn’t be a big deal and it most certainly wouldn’t be newsworthy. Unfortunately homosexuality is the last form of acceptable public discrimination that exists. When you think about it, people are not allowed in public space to say “I don’t like black people”, “I don’t like handicap people”, or “i don’t like women” without consequence. Yet, CEO’s, corporations, churches, and other can stand on the mountain top and proclaim their disdain for homosexuality with little to no governance. That alone in my mind is reason why it is still necessary for people in positions of influence to proclaim their homosexuality.
Let it be known, I don’t feature Don Lemon. However I am woman enough to correct him when he is wrong and acknowledge him when he is right. The brother shared a few choice words with The Tom Joyner Morning Show on why it is still very important for people (particularly African Americans) to come out. Catch these T’s Continue reading
Chile, talk about news that is totally useless. Robin Roberts we been knew you was gay chile. At any rate, Robin just made her official announcement and also letting the world know that she has a long-term girlfriend.
Robin just recounted her triumphs over the last year on her Facebook page … talking about her battle with cancer and how she overcame the odds and regained her health.
In the middle of her Facebook essay she said, “I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together.”
It’s kind of cool the way she did it, she didn’t scream it from the mountain tops … but she revealed her true self in an authentic way. ~TMZ
Congrats Robin. Do me a favor, call Oprah and tell her to come on out. We know all of y’all be round Queen Latifah house having tea parties with Maya Angelou.
See Robins full announcement Continue reading